Department Chair: Terry Wipf
The Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering seeks to apply knowledge of the laws, forces, and materials of nature to the construction, planning, design, and maintenance of public and private facilities. The Civil Engineering option focuses on transportation systems, bridges, roads, water systems and dams, pollution control, etc. The Construction Engineering option focuses on construction project engineering, design, management, etc.
The Department of Civil Engineering was founded in 1889. In 1987 it changed its name to the Department of Civil and Construction Engineering. In 2003 it changed its name to the Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering.
Dates of Existence
- Department of Civil Engineering (1889-1987)
- Department of Civil and Construction Engineering (1987-2003)
- Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (2003–present)
- College of Engineering (parent college)
Browse the Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering Collections:
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Environmental/Water Resources Engineering
- Geotechnical/Materials Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering