Department Chair: Gül Kremer
The Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering teaches the design, analysis, and improvement of the systems and processes in manufacturing, consulting, and service industries by application of the principles of engineering.
The Department of General Engineering was formed in 1929. In 1956 its name changed to Department of Industrial Engineering. In 1989 its name changed to the Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
Dates of Existence
- Department of General Engineering (1929-1956)
- Department of Industrial Engineering (1956-1989)
- College of Engineering (parent college)
Browse the Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Collections:
- Center for e-Design Newsletter
- Center for e-Design Proceedings
- Center for e-Design Publications
- Center for e-Design Theses and Dissertations