Department Chair: Joseph S. Haynes
The Department of Pathology was formed for the study of bacteria, diseases, parasites, and the prevention of these through sanitation. Its scope has included the study of causes of disease, the manner by which diseases alter the anatomical, chemical, and physiological activities of cells, tissues, organs, and body fluids, in order to improve diagnosis of disease.
The department began in 1914 as the Department of Veterinary Pathology and Bacteriology. In 1921 its name changed to the Department of Veterinary Pathology.
Dates of Existence
1914 - present
- Veterinary Pathology and Bacteriology (1914 - 1921)
- College of Veterinary Medicine (parent college)