For farmers and ranchers considering incorporating, one of the major questions is whether the farm or ranch residence or residences should be transferred to the newly formed corporation. From an income tax perspective, residential costs are deductible for an unincorporated taxpayer only to the extent of mortgage interest and property taxes and costs associated with business use of the residence such as an office "used regularly and on an exclusive basis" for business purposes.



To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.