Last month, the Entomological Society of America (ESA) released their newest publication title Handbook of Corn Insects. The handbook is written by 74 entomologists representing universities, federal agencies, and corporations. It is a comprehensive resource and contains the following:
- detailed descriptions of 76 insect pests of corn and their injury;
- 158 color photographs, dozens of illustrations, and distribution maps;
- illustrated keys to help identify pests and corn injury;
- a section on beneficial insects and insect diseases;
- strategies for management of corn insects; and
- glossary of terms.
Iowa State University
Rice, Marlin E., "New publication about corn insects" (1999). Integrated Crop Management News. 2171.
The Iowa State University Digital Repository provides access to Integrated Crop Management News for historical purposes only. Users are hereby notified that the content may be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete and/or may not meet the needs and requirements of the user. Users should make their own assessment of the information and whether it is suitable for their intended purpose. For current information on integrated crop management from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, please visit https://crops.extension.iastate.edu/.