Integrated Crop Management News
 

Document Type

Article

Publication Date

3-22-1999

Abstract

Most producers take it for granted that the corn seed they buy has been treated with an effective fungicide to help prevent seedling diseases. It is true that corn seed treatments are effective, and the specific products used to treat the seed are evolving. Recent trends in corn seed treatment are continuing in 1999: most seed has been treated with Maxim+Apron. It is estimated that about 80 percent of the corn seed planted in the United States will be treated with Maxim+Apron or Maxim XL, with the remaining 20 percent having a Captan+metalaxyl treatment.

Copyright Owner

Iowa State University

Language

en

File Format

application/pdf

Share

COinS
 

Disclaimer

The Iowa State University Digital Repository provides access to Integrated Crop Management News for historical purposes only. Users are hereby notified that the content may be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete and/or may not meet the needs and requirements of the user. Users should make their own assessment of the information and whether it is suitable for their intended purpose. For current information on integrated crop management from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, please visit https://crops.extension.iastate.edu/.