A new source of information about the biology and management of corn nematodes is now available free online from Iowa State University. It’s a training module from the ISU Crop Adviser Institute. Topics discussed in the module include:
- the different species of nematodes that can parasitize corn
- review of the basic biology of corn nematodes
- symptoms of nematode damage to corn
- how to determine if a corn field has nematode damage
- current management options for corn nematodes
- the new cyst nematode discovered on corn in 2007
Iowa State University
Tylka, Gregory L., "Information about Corn Nematodes and SCN Available Online From ISU Crop Adviser Institute" (2010). Integrated Crop Management News. 475.
The Iowa State University Digital Repository provides access to Integrated Crop Management News for historical purposes only. Users are hereby notified that the content may be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete and/or may not meet the needs and requirements of the user. Users should make their own assessment of the information and whether it is suitable for their intended purpose. For current information on integrated crop management from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, please visit https://crops.extension.iastate.edu/.