McNay Research and Demonstration Farm
The McNay Memorial Research Farm in Warren Township, Lucas County, was started in 1956 when Harry and Winnie McNay deeded a 480-acre tract of land in Sections 5 and 8 to the Iowa State University Alumni Achievement Fund. From that time until the death of Winnie in 1967 and of Harry in 1975, an annuity to the McNays and the taxes and insurance were paid by the Alumni Achievement Fund. Throughout that period of time, the Iowa Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station leased the land from the Alumni Achievement Fund and used the property for research in accordance with the expressed wishes of Harry and Winnie McNay.
Iowa State University
Self, H. L. (Deceased) and Honeyman, Mark S., "McNay Memorial Research Farm: A Brief History" (2006). Iowa State Research Farm Progress Reports. 1054.