About This Journal
The Iowa State University Veterinarian was the official publication of the Iowa State University Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Publication began in 1938 as The Veterinary Student. In 1950 it was renamed The Iowa State College Veterinarian, and from 1959 until 2001, when publication ceased, it was known as The Iowa State University Veterinarian. The journal was the first veterinary student publication in the country covering research of the Veterinary Research Institute and of the Veterinary School departments, case reports from the Clinic, and student, faculty and alumni news. One hundred seventy-three issues in 63 volumes were published during its run.