Iowa State University Veterinarian Records, RS 22/6/0/9, University Archives, Special Collections Department, Iowa State University, http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/arch/rgrp/22-6-0-9.html
Since 1892, veterinary diagnostic service has been offered to Iowa veterinarians by the Iowa State College of Veterinary Medicine. From that date, just 13 years after the founding of the division, until 1946, the service was provided by the Department of Pathology. In order· to meet the increasing demand for this service, the Iowa Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory was established in 1946 as a separate department of the Division of Veterinary Medicine, with its own personnel. Since 1927, the Diagnostic Laboratory has been in the northeast wing of the veterinary quadrangle. At present, plans are underway for the construction of a large new diagnostic laboratory to provide more space and equipment for the present staff of five veterinarians and three technicians.
"The Iowa Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory,"
Iowa State University Veterinarian: Vol. 13
, Article 3.
Available at: https://lib.dr.iastate.edu/iowastate_veterinarian/vol13/iss3/3