A 21 pound, nine year old spayed female Shih Tzu was presented to the Oradell Animal Hospital at 3 a.m. on Sunday morning with a complaint of anorexia, lethargy and vomiting for the past two days. The dog's previous medical history was unremarkable, except for being hit by a car in November 1983. A right ilial fracture sustained at that time had been plated. The animal was current on all routine vaccinations.
Carlson, Thomas C. and Devries, John G.
"Suspected Canine Zinc Toxicosis Caused by Ingestion of Pennies,"
Iowa State University Veterinarian: Vol. 52
, Article 7.
Available at: https://lib.dr.iastate.edu/iowastate_veterinarian/vol52/iss1/7