Department Chair: Leana Bouffard
The Department of Sociology is co-directed by the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. It offers a major in Sociology (giving a liberal-arts education, or a sociological background for work in social-services, law, theology, academia, the government, etc); as well as a major in Public Service and Administration in Agriculture (preparing for work with agricultural agencies or agriculture and natural-resources public services). It also offers the interdepartmental major in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
The Department of Sociology was formed in 1991 from the division of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology.
Dates of Existence
1991 - present
Browse the Sociology Collections:
- Sustainable Corn: Additional Publications
- Sustainable Corn: Continuation Proposals Submitted to Funding Agency (USDA-NIFA)
- Sustainable Corn: Executive Summaries (Top 10 Accomplishments)
- Sustainable Corn: Extension Publications and Technical Reports
- Sustainable Corn: Institutional Partners and Team Members
- Sustainable Corn: Recognition
- Sustainable Corn: Refereed Journal Articles, Theses, Dissertations
- Sustainable Corn: Reports to Funding Agency (USDA-NIFA) via REEport
- Sustainable Corn: Research Data