Bioresource and Agricultural Engineering | Industrial Technology
Course Number and Title
TSM 416: Technology Capstone
Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
Industrial Technology (Breedlove, Hedrick, Mignery); Agricultural Systems Technology (Sjoblom)
Shweta Chopra and Jacek A. Koziel
- Hagie Manufacturing is a small manufacturer of agricultural sprayers that recently partnered with John Deere. They have a manufacturing and storage facility in central Iowa.
- Hagie Manufacturing is having difficulty using their current organization system of parts and how to pick them to meet their increased goal of building more (33%) sprayers a day.
- This is creating a problem for the company because parts are in multiple locations which makes it difficult to quickly get parts to where they are needed in a correct rotating habit efficiently.
- This project will immediately affect the workers of warehouse one and five on how they go about their work, and later affect the rest of the factory because they will have their parts faster, in a more organized manner.
- Our solution could be applied to other clients by showing them tools such as flow planner to help create a more efficient and lean warehouse system. We aren’t developing any new product, but the systems and methods of creating efficiency can be applied in many places.
Mignery, Nick; Hedrick, Keagan; Sjoblom, Christopher; Breedlove, Vincent; Chopra, Shweta; and Koziel, Jacek A., "Hagie Warehouse Consolidation" (2019). TSM 416 Technology Capstone Projects. 45.